Top best answers to the question «What does the term 'science' mean»
- Science(noun) any branch or department of systematized knowledge considered as a distinct field of investigation or object of study; as, the science of astronomy, of chemistry, or of mind. Science(noun) art, skill, or expertness, regarded as the result of knowledge of laws and principles.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What does the term 'science' mean?» often ask the following questions:
🔬 What does general term mean in science?
- general science . noun. : a subject or course of study in school or college in which the elements of several sciences are studied.
- What does model mean in science term?
- What does reflection mean in science term?
- What does the science term conservation mean?
🔬 What does inertia mean in science term?
state of an object mass times velocity.
- What does the term aerobic mean science?
- What does the term life science mean?
- What does waves mean in science term?
🔬 What does kingdom mean in science term?
- In scientific classifications, kingdoms are the second highest level of taxon of organisms; domains are the highest level, followed by kingdoms, which are divided into smaller groups.
- What does acceleration mean as a science term?
- What does ecosystem mean in a science term?
- What does temperate mean in a science term?
1 other answer
Science is systematic investigation through the means of observation and experiment in order to acquire knowledge about reality.
We've handpicked 25 related questions for you, similar to «What does the term 'science' mean?» so you can surely find the answer!What does the science term lunar eclipse mean?
- lunar eclipse. noun. : an eclipse in which the full moon passes partially or wholly through the umbra of the earth's shadow.
A base signal that is modulated with the information being transmitted.
What is pH and what does it measure?
- In chemistry, pH is a measure of the acidity or basicity of a solution. It approximates but is not equal to p[H], the negative logarithm (base 10) of the. molar concentration of dissolved hydronium ions (H3O+); a low pH indicates a high concentration of hydronium ions, while a high pH indicates a low concentration.
- Rate implies it's a relative measure, typically a ratio, compared to some other quantity. For example death rate could be per unit of time or could be per hundred thousand people or per war.
Relative means in relation to, or in comparison to. So for example, if you are asked for a vehicle's speed relative, or in relation to, the ground, it might be different from the same vehicle's speed relative, or in relation to, another vehicle.What does the term saturated mean in science?
- Saturated Definition #1. This chemistry definition refers to a saturated compound. A saturated substance is one in which the atoms are linked by single bonds. A fully saturated compound contains no double or triple bonds. Alternatively, if a molecule contains double or triple bonds, it is considered to be unsaturated.
That mass can not be gained nor lost - except in a nuclear reaction where it can be exchanged for energy.
- Fictional depictions of extraterrestrial life. An extraterrestrial or alien is any extraterrestrial lifeform; a lifeform that did not originate on Earth. The word extraterrestrial means "outside Earth". The first published use of extraterrestrial as a noun occurred in 1956, during the Golden Age of Science Fiction.
An investigation where one variable (the independent variable) is changed and all other conditions (controlled variables) are kept the same; what is measured or observed is referred to as the dependent variable.What does the term half life mean in science?
radioactivityHalf-life, in radioactivity, the interval of time required for one-half of the atomic nuclei of a radioactive sample to decay (change spontaneously into other nuclear species by emitting particles and energy), or, equivalently, the time interval required for the number of disintegrations per second of a radioactive ... What does the word proton mean in science term?
proton is part of the three things that make up an atom(proton,nuetron,and electron.) it is positive
Trophic level, step in a nutritive series, or food chain, of an ecosystem… A separate trophic level, the decomposers or transformers, consists of organisms such as bacteria and fungi that break down dead organisms and waste materials into nutrients usable by the producers.What does the computer term vr mean?
Virtual realityVirtual reality (VR) refers to a computer-generated simulation in which a person can interact within an artificial three-dimensional environment using electronic devices, such as special goggles with a screen or gloves fitted with sensors. What does the term ars poetica mean?
What are the best Ars?
- M16A4, AKM, AUG A1, G36, L85A2 are the best ARs. AK12 and AN94 are also really good if you know how to burst properly.
art for art's sake: art for art's sake — compare l'art pour l'art. What does the term chucky ar la mean?
our day will comeTiocfaidh ár lá (Irish pronunciation: [ˈtʲʊkiː aːɾˠ ˈl̪ˠaː]) is an Irish language sentence which translates as "our day will come". It is a slogan of Irish Republicanism. What does explanation mean in science mean in science?
It means you have to use Scientific words in the explanation, so you can get higher marks. :) (if that's what you mean?).
Frequency science definition
- Frequency Definition in Science. In the most general sense, frequency is defined as the number of times an event occurs per unit of time. In physics and chemistry, the term frequency is most often applied to waves, including light, sound, and radio. Frequency is the number of times a point on a wave passes a fixed reference point in one second.
- Resistance is a measure of the opposition to current flow in an electrical circuit. Resistance is measured in ohms, symbolized by the Greek letter omega (Ω). Ohms are named after Georg Simon Ohm (1784-1854), a German physicist who studied the relationship between voltage, current and resistance. He is credited for formulating Ohm's Law.
- Definition of venom (Entry 1 of 2) 1 : a toxic substance produced by some animals (such as snakes, scorpions, or bees) that is injected into prey or an enemy chiefly by biting or stinging and has an injurious or lethal effect broadly : a substance that is poisonous 2 : a spiteful malicious feeling or state of mind : extreme ill will : malevolence
A scientific abstract is an overview of a scientific paper intended to give researchers and other scientists a general understanding of a particular study without making them read the entire paper.What does acquire mean science?
What is the definition of acquire?
- The definition of acquire means to get or to come into control of something. An example of acquire is to receive a large sum of money.
What is the significance of anaphase?
- Anaphase is important. It ensures that the chromosomes are pulled apart and the genetic information is in position to be packaged appropriately into the resulting daughter cells.
- Medical Definition of anthropogenic : of, relating to, or resulting from the influence of human beings on nature anthropogenic sources of pollution
(AN-tih-jen) Any substance that causes the body to make an immune response against that substance. Antigens include toxins, chemicals, bacteria, viruses, or other substances that come from outside the body. Body tissues and cells, including cancer cells, also have antigens on them that can cause an immune response.