Top best answers to the question «What does harmful mean in science terms»
- The definition of harmful is something that causes damage or is able to be hurtful. A chemical that causes you to become sick is an example of a chemical that would be described as harmful.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What does harmful mean in science terms?» often ask the following questions:
🔬 What does mixture mean science terms?
- Key Takeaways: Mixtures A mixture is defined as the result of combining two or more substances, such that each maintains its chemical identity. In other words, a chemical reaction does not occur between components of a mixture. Examples include combinations of salt and sand, sugar and water, and blood.
- What does anticodon mean in science terms?
- What does application mean in science terms?
- What does aquifer mean in science terms?
🔬 What does abundant mean in science terms?
- The noun ABUNDANCEhas 3 senses: 1.the property of a more than adequate quantity or supply 2. (physics) the ratio of the number of atoms of a specific isotope of an element to the total number of isotopes present
- What does atmosphere mean in science terms?
- What does atrium mean in science terms?
- What does base mean in science terms?
🔬 What does aerospace mean in science terms?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : space comprising the earth's atmosphere and the space beyond. 2 : a physical science that deals with aerospace. 3 : the aerospace industry.
- What does bio mean in science terms?
- What does bond mean in science terms?
- What does chemical mean in science terms?
1 other answer
It means it could hurt you
We've handpicked 22 related questions for you, similar to «What does harmful mean in science terms?» so you can surely find the answer!What does compound mean in science terms?
chemical compound, any substance composed of identical molecules consisting of atoms of two or more chemical elements… The fundamental principle of the science of chemistry is that the atoms of different elements can combine with one another to form chemical compounds.What does compression mean in science terms?
- Compression, decrease in volume of any object or substance resulting from applied stress. Compression may be undergone by solids, liquids, and gases and by living systems. In the latter, compression is measured against the system’s volume at the standard pressure to which an organism is subjected—e.g.,...
Conducive means tending to cause or produce something.What does conduction mean in science terms?
Conduction is the process by which heat energy is transmitted through collisions between neighboring atoms or molecules. Conduction occurs more readily in solids and liquids, where the particles are closer to together, than in gases, where particles are further apart.What does constant mean in science terms?
- A constant is a variable that does not change. While conducting an experiment, you will need to keep several variables constant for the experiment to produce valid results.
of, relating to, or of the nature of construction; structural. deduced by inference or interpretation; inferential: constructive permission.What does control in science terms mean?
In scientific experiments, a scientific control is one in which the subject or a group would not be tested for the dependent variable(s)… A study with control(s) is designed to ensure that the effects are due to the independent variables in the experiment.What does convection mean in science terms?
convection is the transfer of heat in a liquid or gas by thermal energy from one part of a fluid to another. ;0)
- 1. A set of rules for assessing or categorizing a thing. 2. A listing of the signs and symptoms of a disease.
- Crystallization or crystallisation is the process by which a solid forms, where the atoms or molecules are highly organized into a structure known as a crystal. Some of the ways by which crystals form are precipitating from a solution, freezing, or more rarely deposition directly from a gas.
Data is unprocessed...stuff. In other words, the raw facts and no interpretation or anything. Information is processed data.
What is the real definition of Science?
- Science Definition. The word science comes from the Latin "scientia," meaning knowledge. According to Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary, the definition of science is: "knowledge attained through study or practice," or.
Demography is the scientific study of human populations primarily with respect to their size, their structure and their development; it takes into account the quantitative aspects of their general characteristics.What does denature mean in science terms?
denaturation, in biology, process modifying the molecular structure of a protein. Denaturation involves the breaking of many of the weak linkages, or bonds (e.g., hydrogen bonds), within a protein molecule that are responsible for the highly ordered structure of the protein in its natural (native) state.What does dependent mean in science terms?
A dependent variable is the variable being tested in a scientific experiment. The dependent variable is "dependent" on the independent variable… When you take data in an experiment, the dependent variable is the one being measured.What does depict mean in science terms?
Depict, portray, sketch imply a representation of an object or scene by colors or lines, or by words. Depict emphasizes vividness of detail: to depict the confusion of departure.What does destiny mean in science terms?
When destiny is used to refer to a force that controls what will happen, it's often thought of a cosmic or supernatural power—or it's at least compared to one.What does development mean in science terms?
I think it means matureing
- Definition of diverse 1 : differing from one another : unlike people with diverse interests 2 : composed of distinct or unlike elements or qualities a diverse population 1 : different from each other : unlike She met people with diverse interests.
What causes a person to be a dwarf?
- There are approximately 400 types of dwarfism. Causes of proportionate dwarfism include metabolic and hormonal disorders such as growth hormone deficiency. The most common types of dwarfism, known as skeletal dysplasias, are genetic. Skeletal dysplasias are conditions of abnormal bone growth that cause disproportionate dwarfism. Achondroplasia.
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : the fragmental material composing part of the surface of the globe especially : cultivable soil. 2 : the sphere of mortal life as distinguished from spheres of spirit life — compare heaven, hell. 3a : areas of land as distinguished from sea and air.